While Give2Asia's response to the COVID-19 pandemic continues, we wanted to share an interim report with our donors and partners on our collective progress over the last 100 days.
The report provides insight into progress to date and highlights several successful projects. Download the full report here (PDF).
Key take-aways from the report include:
- Give2Asia launched its COVID-19 campaign in January to support frontline health workers and hospitals responding to the initial outbreak in Hubei Province.
- Our generous donors pledged US$1 million in the first three days.
- As the crisis escalated, we expanded our campaign to support local nonprofit response efforts in 23 countries.
- As of June 30, we’ve received over US$10 million to support COVID-19 response projects in China, and $10 million for projects in other countries.
- We’ve partnered with 72 local nonprofits and sponsored 121 projects to support frontline healthcare workers, increase food security, promote COVID-19 prevention, and deliver PPE/medical equipment to at-risk populations.
- In just 100 days, our donors have improved the lives of 1.7 million direct beneficiaries.
Give2Asia’s approach is to promote local practices and in-country organizations, lending itself to supporting long-term recovery activities within communities that have local support and reduce future risks. We continue to raise funds for both immediate needs in heavily impacted countries and mid- to long-term programming to help communities recover in the months and years to come.
Thank you to our donors for your support. We hope this progress report inspires you to join us for the important work ahead.