Work with us
Join the Team
Give2Asia is seeking an intern to join the Marketing Team beginning February 25th, 2019. Interns will create written and graphical content for Give2Asia’s digital presence to include social media, press releases, email campaigns, and web design. The ideal candidate is a university student with an interest in international development and basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects) or comfort learning new software.
This position will provide firsthand experience into the workings of an international nonprofit committed to empowering communities in the Asia Pacific, and the candidate should leave with strong hands-on insights into digital marketing and the development sector. Responsibilities typically expand to encompass the individual skills and passions that each candidate brings to the position. Creativity is encouraged!
- Managing and strengthening engagement of social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Conducting research and writing compelling content for blog posts, social media, press releases, and other outlets as needed
- Creating basic graphics using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and animations using Adobe AfterEffects. Training is provided for interns without previous experience using these softwares, making this a unique learning opportunity.
- Providing updates to the website, supporting event planning, and other administrative tasks
SKILLS THAT INTERN CAN EXPECT TO GAIN:
- Training with Adobe CS to produce original graphics and creative animated content (Illustrator, AfterEffects, InDesign)
- Managing social media platforms and blog of an international nonprofit, with focused guidance on writing and editing
- Conducting firsthand interviews with staff in Asia to create blog posts
- Opportunity to conduct research and produce outward-facing content on current issues in Asia, including topics such as: disaster preparedness, women’s empowerment, livelihood trainings, public health, education, and environmental conservation
- Data analysis to optimize content including Google Adwords, email campaigns, social media posts, and donor engagement
- Familiarity with nonprofit sector in the Asia Pacific, including networking opportunities with staff and Field Advisors across the region
This position is an opportunity to gain hands-on professional experience working for an international NGO focused on development in the Asia Pacific region. The ideal candidates have a degree or are working towards a degree, and have a demonstrated interest in fields such as marketing/communications, international development, Asian studies, journalism, event planning, and/or design. Candidates should have professional writing ability and some experience in research, digital media, internet fluency. Basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is strongly desired but not necessary.
Interns are expected to work three days per week (roughly 20 hours/week) for an approximately three-month period. There is flexibility as to hours and days worked, and remote work from Berkeley is also possible. The intern will work directly under the Senior Marketing Associate.
Unfortunately, for this position we are not able to offer pay but we do provide a stipend for meals and transportation. If there are opportunities to fulfill university credit for this position then we will gladly pursue them.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please use the link below submit a resume and cover letter by February 15th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and early submission is appreciated. If you have any questions, please contact us with ‘Marketing Internship Application – Spring’ in the subject line.