Work with us
Join the Team
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Programs
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
SUMMARY OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Give2Asia is a US public charity, which promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia (www.give2asia.org). Give2Asia’s grants are made from contributions and recommendations provided by donors using our personalized US-Asia giving services.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Program, the Account Manager will be responsible for developing strong relationships between Give2Asia and its corporate donors (clients), connecting with key business leaders and stakeholders, and preparing reports on corporate philanthropy. Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise between corporate clients and cross-functional internal teams (including Give2Asia’s Field Advisors in Asia, Finance, and recipient nonprofit organizations in Asia) to ensure the timely and successful grant making according to customer needs. This position may require occasional travel.
Ideally, candidates for this role will be self-motivated, solution-oriented individual who knows how to meet ambitious quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with Give2Asia and our services in the long-run. If you have a flair for client communication, are familiar with the international corporate philanthropy, and are passionate about supporting local community-based nonprofit organizations in Asia, we’d like to meet you!
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to corporate accounts
- Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with key corporate philanthropy accounts and customer stakeholders through proactive contact and provision of value-added services, information, and advice that meets and exceeds donor expectations
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal stakeholders. Help customers through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in-person meetings
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of Give2Asia services according to client needs and objectives
- Forecast and track key account metrics produce both high-level and detailed grant making analyses, account metrics, and forecasts, adapted to the unique needs of each corporate client
- Ensure that all grants, regardless of type, have the required due diligence, grant agreement, project description and budget, interim report, final report, and donor reporting
- Ensuring that grants move efficiently and accurately through the grant making process with timely communication to clients, Field Advisors, and recipient nonprofit organizations
- Continuously analyze existing fund/grant databases and make recommendation for enhancements.
- Recommend and resolve problems, determine system improvements, and initiate and implement corrective actions when necessary.
- Update job knowledge on corporate philanthropy in Asia by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
Additional: Additional special projects may include:
- Enhance department and organization processes by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Manage and provide leadership to Account Associate
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs, and communicating to all levels of the client ‘s organization, including senior level positions
- Work experience in international nonprofit grant making
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in an independent work environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study and relevant work experience
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, Box, and Salesforce
How to Apply:
We accept applications on a rolling basis. Early application is appreciated.
To apply, CLICK HERE.
Give2Asia is seeking an intern to join the Marketing Team beginning February 25th, 2019. Interns will create written and graphical content for Give2Asia’s digital presence to include social media, press releases, email campaigns, and web design. The ideal candidate is a university student with an interest in international development and basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects) or comfort learning new software.
This position will provide firsthand experience into the workings of an international nonprofit committed to empowering communities in the Asia Pacific, and the candidate should leave with strong hands-on insights into digital marketing and the development sector. Responsibilities typically expand to encompass the individual skills and passions that each candidate brings to the position. Creativity is encouraged!
- Managing and strengthening engagement of social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Conducting research and writing compelling content for blog posts, social media, press releases, and other outlets as needed
- Creating basic graphics using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and animations using Adobe AfterEffects. Training is provided for interns without previous experience using these softwares, making this a unique learning opportunity.
- Providing updates to the website, supporting event planning, and other administrative tasks
SKILLS THAT INTERN CAN EXPECT TO GAIN:
- Training with Adobe CS to produce original graphics and creative animated content (Illustrator, AfterEffects, InDesign)
- Managing social media platforms and blog of an international nonprofit, with focused guidance on writing and editing
- Conducting firsthand interviews with staff in Asia to create blog posts
- Opportunity to conduct research and produce outward-facing content on current issues in Asia, including topics such as: disaster preparedness, women’s empowerment, livelihood trainings, public health, education, and environmental conservation
- Data analysis to optimize content including Google Adwords, email campaigns, social media posts, and donor engagement
- Familiarity with nonprofit sector in the Asia Pacific, including networking opportunities with staff and Field Advisors across the region
This position is an opportunity to gain hands-on professional experience working for an international NGO focused on development in the Asia Pacific region. The ideal candidates have a degree or are working towards a degree, and have a demonstrated interest in fields such as marketing/communications, international development, Asian studies, journalism, event planning, and/or design. Candidates should have professional writing ability and some experience in research, digital media, internet fluency. Basic familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite is strongly desired but not necessary.
Interns are expected to work three days per week (roughly 20 hours/week) for an approximately three-month period. There is flexibility as to hours and days worked, and remote work from Berkeley is also possible. The intern will work directly under the Senior Marketing Associate.
Unfortunately, for this position we are not able to offer pay but we do provide a stipend for meals and transportation. If there are opportunities to fulfill university credit for this position then we will gladly pursue them.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please use the link below submit a resume and cover letter by February 15th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and early submission is appreciated. If you have any questions, please contact us with ‘Marketing Internship Application – Spring’ in the subject line.
We are Give2Asia, recognized as a leading provider of philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform to support and partner with local, charitable groups in 25 locations across the Asia Pacific.
SUMMARY OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Account Associate is responsible for supporting donor stewardship activities, with an emphasis on Give2Asia’s major corporate donors. Primary responsibilities include providing wide-ranging assistance to VP of Programs who manage relationships with Give2Asia’s donors and serving as a center of knowledge around Give2Asia’s best practices in stewardship. The Account Associate must demonstrate attention to details, strong communication skills, and a strong ability to organize data and conduct research; as well as a commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Asia.
Reports to: Account Manager
Internal: Interacts most closely with Give2Asia’s Account Management Department, overseas Field Advisors in 25 different countries and locations in Asia, and other departments as needed within Give2Asia.
External: Interacts with Give2Asia grantees and donors.
- Bachelors degree with minimum 1-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
- Proven track record with organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and be flexible
- Entrepreneurial and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, including presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint); Experience with grant making and database applications strongly preferred (e.g. Salesforce)
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with communities in Asia
- Work or life experience in Asia strongly preferred
- Interest in corporate philanthropy and civil society development in Asia preferred
The Account Associate will support the stewardship of major donors, under the oversight of the VP of Programs who manages the relationships with those particular donors. In cooperation with the relevant Program Manager, the Account Associate will be responsible for the following:
Stewardship of major clients
- Track grant portfolios and keep assigned Program Manager updated on progress and issues that arise
- Design and produce high-level as well as detailed grant making analyses, portfolio reports, and other documents adapted to the unique needs of each corporate client
- Draft other stewardship materials
- Collect, document, and disseminate best practices in Give2Asia’s stewardship of major clients
- Help assigned Program Manager respond to special requests from donors, as needed
- Serve as a back-up contact person for assigned major clients when Account Manager is unavailable
- Grant making support
- Upkeep grant making data on Salesforce and Box database
- Ensure that assigned grants are made and reported on accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner
- Review grant proposals and reports and seek clarification from the field, as needed
- Enter grant information into Salesforce database at the proposal and reporting stage; ensure information is kept up to date
- Write and edit proposals from nonprofit organizations in Asia, donor reports, case studies and other grant-related documents
- Prepare custom proposal packages
- Maintain communication with field advisors and grantees across Asia
- Keep Program Manager informed of current events and developments related to and of interest to Give2Asia’s major clients
- Conduct research on potential new grantees and/or fields of interest
- Provide other research or content on current clients and grantees as requested by Business Development and Marketing staff
- Optimize database use for client stewardship; other database management and data entry, as requested
- Orient and train interns
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
- Additional tasks, as required
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- Child care support
- Commuter benefits
- Disability insurance
Give2Asia is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Give2Asia is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
HOW TO APPLY
We are accepting the application on a rolling basis. To apply, please CLICK HERE.