Thanks to our generous donors, Give2Asia was able to deliver 400,000 protective masks last month to fight the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. The masks were provided to health care workers, the elderly, and underprivileged communities in China and Hong Kong SAR PRC.
The mask campaign was funded by individual and corporate donors primarily located in Hong Kong SAR PRC. By working through our HK-based foundation, Give2Asia Foundation Limited, local donors there are eligible for tax benefits.
Recipients of the protective masks included:
- Barefoot Doctors
- Beijing Hospital (Beijing, China)
- Beijing Sunshine Road Charity Foundation
- Chinese Red Cross Foundation
- Guan Aimin Hospital (Hebei, China)
- Hong Kong Red Cross
- Sage Elderly Home
- Wong Wha San Secondary School
- Yan Chai Hospital (Hong Kong)
- Yan Chai Hospital Social Services
Give2Asia’s Hong Kong SAR campaign complements our international grantmaking into Hubei Province, which was funded primarily by US-based donors. The collective efforts raised more than US$5 million to support COVID-19 response and long-term recovery efforts.