The coronavirus pandemic poses unprecedented challenges for the social sector. COVID-19 will severely impact service delivery—and create urgent new funding needs.
Over the past 8 weeks, corporate and individual donors responded rapidly to support hard-hit communities in China. We are now seeing similar needs arise as the pandemic spreads in countries across the globe.
To help funders plan effectively and maximize their impact, Give2Asia hosted a webinar to share lessons from our emergency grantmaking into the epicenter of China’s COVID-19 outbreak on March 19, 2020.
- Top funding needs during the outbreak in Hubei Province and how they shifted over time
- Opportunities and logistical challenges faced by funders and grantees
- Strategic investments that increased local program capacity
- Birger Stamperdahl, President & CEO, Give2Asia
- Yan Liang, Senior Program Manager, Beijing Office, Give2Asia