Marketing Communication Internship (Spring or Summer 2020)
Give2Asia is an international nonprofit organization based in Oakland, CA. Our mission is to increase philanthropy across borders by making it easier for donors to support local charities overseas. Since 2001, we have delivered more than $240 million to causes in 23 countries.
About the Position
We are hiring a part-time Marketing Communication intern. In this role, you will work with our global team to author articles for our target audiences, including:
- Case studies of successful grants and programs
- News and perspective pieces on international philanthropy
- Profiles of the charities & donors we work with
The time commitment for this internship is 8-20 hours/week for 3 months. Please note that this is a volunteer (unpaid) internship.
This is an opportunity to have a significant impact at a nonprofit organization that directs philanthropy dollars to hundreds of locally-led nonprofits across Asia. Your writing will influence funding for high stakes issues including education, health care access, poverty alleviation, and disaster response.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our Director of Marketing and international staff. The articles you publish will often be under your own byline, helping to build your portfolio. Lastly, you will gain experience in an office environment.
Other benefits include:
- Friendly and supportive team with diverse ages & backgrounds
- Comfortable WeWork office with unlimited espresso, tea, and seltzer
- Convenient location in Oakland near BART & bus
The ideal candidate for this internship is a student or recent graduate who is 1) interested in pursuing communications or journalism as a career, and 2) passionate about international development, philanthropy, and/or nonprofit management.
- Exceptional written English communication skills
- Experience with short-form, non-academic writing
- Able to manage your time and produce high-quality work with limited supervision
- Able to work 8+ hours/week for at least 3 months
- Journalism or blogging experience
- Proficiency in a language natively spoken in Asia
- Familiarity with publishing in WordPress or image editing in Photoshop
How to Apply
To apply for this position, click the following link and complete the application form. Please attach:
- Your resume (include a link to your blog or portfolio, if available)
- 1 academic writing sample
- 1 non-academic writing sample