IDEP supports residents of Banjar Pebuahan affected by abrasion, extreme weather, and high waves. This includes immediate assistance to affected families, creating safer living conditions, restoring livelihood sources, and supporting the preparedness in Banjar Pebuahan and surrounding communities.
1) Urgent coastal road repair as wave barriers
2) Support to restore 59 fishing boats
3) Adequate evacuation shelters with lighting and equipment
4) Electricity disconnection for abandoned houses
5) Effective emergency response and long-term disaster management efforts
1) Expedited wave barriers construction with heavy machinery and early weather warning
2) Cash Voucher Assistance distribution
3) Shelter kit
4) Water and sanitation, including portable water filters and facilities
5) Support for livelihood through boat repair/replacement
6) Psychosocial support
1) Reduced disaster risk for 216 families through wave barriers
2) CVA met the urgent needs of 216 families
3) The livelihood of 59 fishermen recovered through boat repair/replacement
4) 1,200 families learned disaster adaption
5) Psychosocial support provided to 216 families
Based on the rapid assessment and analysis, the following are two linked disaster recovery plans for Banjar Pebuahan, focused on disaster adaptation and mitigation:
Establishment of a Community Disaster Management Group (KPMB) to reduce disaster risks in the area.
Implement economic recovery programs for alternative livelihoods of fishermen and their families.
Give2Asia is a trusted partner for international philanthropy and the leader in donor-advised giving to the Asia-Pacific. Our mission is to strengthen communities in Asia by making cross-border giving easier and more effective. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than US$465 million of charitable grants across 20+ countries.
Tax Benefit Eligibility
Gift acknowledgments and tax receipts can only be issued from the charitable entity to which you make your donation. Please ensure that you are giving to the Give2Asia entity in the location where you seek tax benefits (learn more). Donations cannot be refunded once an acknowledgment has been issued. If you have any questions, contact us before making your donation.