Join the Asian Chefs Association of the Bay Area in San Jose for a fundraiser benefit to support Give2Asia and local responders to the earthquake and tsunami in Sulawesi, Indonesia. The event will include a live auction and food tastings from some of the best chefs in the Bay Area. It starts at 6 p.m. on October 23 with a ticket price of $150 per person (not including Eventbrite fees).
Table sponsorship is also available here.
The benefit is being organized by the Asian Chefs Association of the Bay Area and will take place at The Province in San Jose, the newest restaurant created by Chef Chris Yeo, who originally founded Straits restaurant. All funds will go to Give2Asia’s Indonesia Earthquake & Tsunami Fund.
Live Auction Items:
- Dine Around Town Chef Package including Omakase, Khai Restaurant, Koi Palace, China Live
- Dinner and Chinatown Tour with Chef Martin Yan for eight guests
- Dinner with wine pairing and Cocktail with Chef Ranjan Dey for ten guests
- Dinner with sake tasting with Yoshi Tome for six guests
Sample Menu Items:
- Beef Rendang – Spicy Braised Beef, Kaffir Lime, Coconut Curry, Creamy Pandan Polenta
- Nash Goring – Spicy Coconut Rice, Shrimp, Cabbage, Peas and Carrots, Pickled Onion and Shallots
- Crab Cake with Spicy Aioli
- Cajun Seafood with Garlic Noodle
Special Thanks to Sponsors including:
- Le Soleil
- Chef Chu
- PPQ Dungeness Island
- John Le of Three Seasons
- Honig Winery
- Khai Restaurant
- The Province
- Yan Can Cook
- KOI Palace
- China Live
- New Delhi Restaurant
- Omakase Restaurant
- Sushi Ran Restaurant
- Standard Rental
Not in the San Francisco Bay Area? Want to support the response a different way? You can also donate directly to Give2Asia’s Indonesia Tsunami Response Fund.
About the Disaster
On September 28th, two earthquakes struck Sulawesi island in Indonesia and triggered a 10-foot tsunami. The disasters have left at least 1,300 people dead and thousands displaced, with numbers expected to increase as assessments continue.
Follow updates about the disaster and the needs of Give2Asia’s partners currently engaged in response on the Indonesia Earthquake and Tsunami Response Page.
Photos provided by Give2Asia’s local partners.
To date, Give2Asia has swiftly and thoughtfully responded to over 40 natural disasters in Asia and rebuilt local communities with $50 million in funding. For more information, contact Sheena Agarwal, Development Manager of Disaster Programs at +1 415 967 7378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.