Support local NGO response efforts
Progress report: In July, Give2Asia published a report on the first 100 days of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You can read about it here.
Give2Asia is partnering with trusted nonprofit organizations to support frontline health workers and institutions responding to the coronavirus pandemic.
Give2Asia’s disaster response program funds both immediate needs and long-term recovery. Currently, our funding priorities in Cambodia include:
- Food security, nutritious diet, and livelihood support for the poorest of the poor and vulnerable families who have lost their jobs or income due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Prevention and Protection needs including facial masks, soap, hand sanitizers
- Outreach to raise awareness of how to protect themselves from COVID-19 and prevent spreading the virus to others
- Holistic social and psychological support such as counseling, medical referral, and child protection from possible abuse
- Provide training and employment service (whenever possible) to help poor families
FEATURED PARTNERS (partial list)
Our local NGO partners in Cambodia include:
Phare Ponleu Selpak
- PPS aims to relieve the social economic consequences caused by COVID-19 outbreak in Cambodia to their beneficiaries (children and youth) and their families from poor communities in Battambang province.
Friends International (FI)
- Providing priority responses to fight against COVID-19 and support long-term socio-economic recovery for thousands of children, youth and families from marginalized communities in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Kandal province and at the Cambodia-Thai border.
Mother’s Heart Organization
- MHO aims to support 121 mothers including 54 babies who have been beneficiaries of MHO. These group of mothers and babies are facing food insecurity as most mothers have lost their jobs or can’t make money during this difficult time.
You can help by donating online. For large gifts (via check, bank transfer, or appreciated stock) or corporate giving opportunities, please request a consultation or email email@example.com.
STRATEGY & IMPACT
Photo credit: Friends International, COVID-19 prevention education and distribution of emergency relief for families
Give2Asia’s disaster response program funds both immediate needs and long-term recovery. Our top priorities for COVID-19 pandemic response include:
- Supporting frontline health workers and national public health priorities
- Funding activities to slow the spread of the virus and support vulnerable groups
- Long-term needs such as mental health support and rehabilitation for frontline workers, care for families of health workers who lost their lives due to COVID-19, livelihood support, and capacity building to prevent future health crises.
HOW TO GIVE
Make a secure online donation to benefit the country of your choice.
For large gifts (via check, bank transfer, or appreciated stock) or corporate giving opportunities, please request a consultation or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give2Asia is a trusted partner for international philanthropy and the leader in donor-advised grantmaking to the Asia-Pacific. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than $350 million of charitable grants across 23 countries. Give2Asia is a US-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Transparency & Trust: 90% or more of your donation will go directly to our local nonprofit partners. A small portion of your donation helps Give2Asia manage grants to ensure that donor funds are used effectively. 100% of your donation is tax-deductible in the US.