Support local NGO response efforts
The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic is an emerging global health crisis. This is the page for our Bhutan COVID-19 response campaign. (view other locations)
Give2Asia is partnering with trusted nonprofit organizations to support frontline health workers and institutions responding to the coronavirus pandemic.
Give2Asia’s disaster response program funds both immediate needs and long-term recovery. Currently, our funding priorities in Bhutan include:
- Financial support for quarantine facilities and frontline healthcare workers: Everyday hundreds of Bhutanese returning from abroad arrive and everyone is put in mandatory quarantine for 21 days during which everything is provided for free of cost.
- Economic Stimulus: Small businesses are highly impacted, especially those in the travel and tourism sector with increasing unemployment and no cash flow.
- Medical Supplies: If Bhutan goes into Red Zone and number of infections increase, there will not be enough ventilators.
FEATURED PARTNERS (partial list)
Our local NGO partners in Bhutan include:
Bhutan Centre of Media and Democracy (BCMD)
- Educating the mass on media literacy by sharing information on how to verify information and sources regarding COVID-19
- Developing online, printed, and audio-versions of educational materials regarding COVID-19 in Dzongkha, English, and sign language
- Partnering with government agencies to make educational materials into online courses
- Conducting training on advocacy and development of communication materials that are effective, give hope and unite people in times of crisis.
You can help by donating online. For large gifts (via check, bank transfer, or appreciated stock) or corporate giving opportunities, please request a consultation or email email@example.com.
STRATEGY & IMPACT
Give2Asia’s disaster response program funds both immediate needs and long-term recovery. Our top priorities for COVID-19 pandemic response include:
- Supporting frontline health workers and national public health priorities
- Funding activities to slow the spread of the virus and support vulnerable groups
- Long-term needs such as mental health support and rehabilitation for frontline workers, care for families of health workers who lost their lives due to COVID-19, livelihood support, and capacity building to prevent future health crises.
HOW TO GIVE
Make a secure online donation to benefit the country of your choice.
For large gifts (via check, bank transfer, or appreciated stock) or corporate giving opportunities, please request a consultation or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give2Asia is a trusted partner for international philanthropy and the leader in donor-advised grantmaking to the Asia-Pacific. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than $350 million of charitable grants across 23 countries. Give2Asia is a US-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Transparency & Trust: 90% or more of your donation will go directly to our local nonprofit partners. A small portion of your donation helps Give2Asia manage grants to ensure that donor funds are used effectively. 100% of your donation is tax-deductible in the US.