Research Associate Consultant
Give2Asia is a US public charity that promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia. Give2Asia’s mission is the make international philanthropy easier and more effective. Give2Asia’s team of grantmaking experts and in-country advisors enable donors to make a difference where it matters most.
About the Position
Give2Asia is seeking a Research Associate (RA) for a 12-month consulting engagement. The RA will support a landscape and feasibility project on cross-border giving across Asia. He/She will be responsible for providing critical support for a comprehensive literature review, gathering and examining existing publications and data sources relevant to the research topic, consolidating and summarizing primary qualitative and quantitative information from various sources towards strategic research questions.
The RA must demonstrate a strong background in research including the ability to organize data, high attention to detail, and strong written communication skills.
This is a remote position based in Asia. City is flexible.
Reports to: Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Interacts closely with Give2Asia’s Country Advisors across Asia-Pacific, and other departments as needed within Give2Asia.
Receives strategic direction from VPs and at times the CEO.
Some interaction with Give2Asia’s stakeholders in the Asia-Pacific region
- Conduct a comprehensive literature review of relevant sector publications, data sources, and existing resources and translate findings to a report
- Support the development of a knowledge management system
- Contribute to the development of a survey framework
- Support stakeholder mapping exercises
- Coordinate survey inputs and analysis outputs with Asia-based country consultants
- Organize, reformat and clean raw dataset based on given format
- Participate in ongoing analysis exercises that compares data from different sources and generate relevant conclusions
- Provide critical written analysis and content generation for a final research publication
- Other research and administrative tasks as assigned by Project Lead
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, Master’s preferred
- Minimum 2 years of direct experience as a researcher, or research assistant
- Experience developing and/or working with knowledge management systems
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to surface relevant findings and insights from large amount of data and documentation
- Experience in data cleaning, processing, and visualization preferred
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects with minimal supervision, including strong time and task management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, including exceptional writing skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes required.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with partners and staff in Asia
- Demonstrated interest in Asian philanthropy and civil society development in Asia preferred
This is a full-time consultant position based in Asia, with a 12-month duration only. Extension possible as project funding becomes available.
Salary Range: US$40,000 – $50,000 depending on experience.
As a consultant, no additional benefits are provided by Give2Asia.
How to Apply
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to submit writing samples and demonstrate research skills.Apply for this position