We are Give2Asia, recognized as a leading provider of philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform to support and partner with local, charitable groups in 23 Asian countries.
About the Position
The Philanthropy Associate is responsible for supporting donor stewardship activities, with an emphasis on Give2Asia’s major corporate donors. Primary responsibilities include providing wide-ranging assistance to Philanthropy Advisors who manage relationships with Give2Asia’s corporate clients and serving as a center of knowledge around Give2Asia’s best practices in stewardship. The Associate must demonstrate attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a strong ability to manage multiple priorities from different portfolios.
This junior-level position is perfect for someone who would like an entry point into corporate social responsibility and/or philanthropy, as you will have visibility across multiple corporate foundation and grantmaking practices. There is room for growth and upward mobility in the organization.
Reports to: Philanthropy Advisor
- Interacts most closely with Give2Asia’s Donor Stewardship team, works with consultants in 23 different countries in Asia, and with other departments as needed within Give2Asia.
- Interacts with Give2Asia grantees and donors, as needed.
The Associate will support the stewardship of corporate donors, under the oversight of the Philanthropy Advisor who manages the relationships with those donors. In cooperation with the relevant Advisor, the Associate will be responsible for the following:
Grants Administration Support
- Serve as a key part of the risk management and compliance process for all stages of grantmaking, ensuring due diligence and other documentation are completed with a high level of accuracy
- Enter and maintain grant information in Salesforce at the proposal and reporting stage; ensure information is kept up to date
- Ensure that assigned grants are made and reported on accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner
- Review grant proposals and reports and seek clarification from country teams as needed
- Prepare and edit custom proposal packages, donor reports, case studies, and other grant-related documents
- Perform due diligence on nominated organizations
- Maintain communication with country teams and grantees across Asia
Stewardship of Corporate Clients
- Track grant portfolios and keep the relevant Advisor updated on progress and issues that arise
- Produce detailed grant making analyses, portfolio reports, and other documents adapted to the unique needs of each corporate client
- Help Advisors respond to special requests from donors, as needed
- Serve as a back-up contact person for assigned major clients when Advisor is unavailable, and support direct client relationship activities as needed
- Keep Philanthropy Advisor informed of current events and developments related to and of interest to Give2Asia’s major clients
- Conduct research on potential new grantees and/or fields of interest
- Provide other research or content on current clients and grantees as requested by Business Development and Marketing staff
- Optimize database use for client stewardship; other database management and data entry, as requested
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
- Additional tasks, as required
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
- Proven track record with organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and be flexible
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, experience with grant making and database applications strongly preferred (e.g. Salesforce)
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with communities in Asia
- Work or life experience in Asia preferred
- Interest in corporate philanthropy and civil society development preferred
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time remote position based in the US. Give2Asia is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Applicants from other US locations are welcome to apply.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000 annually, depending on experience.
Give2Asia offers generous benefits for full-time US-based employees, including:
- 403(b) retirement account with automatic employer contribution (10% of salary, vests after 1 year)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous paid leave (vacation, floating holidays, sick)
- One-time stipend for work-from-home setup
How to Apply
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter; PDF is preferred.Apply Online