Part-Time Finance Manager
Give2Asia is a US public charity that promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia. Our mission is to strengthen communities in Asia by making overseas giving easier and more effective. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than $350 million of charitable grants across 23 countries. We are based in Oakland, California with offices in Beijing and in-country experts across the Asia-Pacific region.
Give2Asia Foundation Limited is a tax-exempt organization in Hong Kong SAR under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Hong Kong IR File Number 91/11865).
The Finance Manager reports to the Chief Representative Hong Kong SAR and is responsible for the following:
- Managing bookkeeping, bank accounts, petty cash account, staff payroll and staff MPF
- Issuance of invoices and receipts to Donors
- Managing account receivables and payables
- Using accounting software to keep track of managerial account for internal use; double check with the FinancialForce of US HQ for any outstanding entries and discrepancy against local accounting records; liaison with US to sort out these discrepancies
- Following up with HK auditor to handle any outstanding issues from HQ or the Auditor, and liaison between HQ and HK auditor for compliance withHK & US tax regulations
- To keep records of contribution funds received and program expenses
- Managing Company Secretary Services provided by the Boardroom
- Arranging in & out mailing and picking them up
- Managing HSBC & BOC bank transactions
- Support any legitimate duties as assigned by the Chief Representative
The Finance Manager is required to work for 20 hours per month (around 5 hours per week) with the following schedule:
- Mondays from 2:30pm to 4:30 pm (or the next mutually agreed business day if it falls on a public holiday)
- Flexible during weekdays from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant work experience in finance and administration
- Excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Attentive to details and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
- Proven track record with organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and be flexible
- Entrepreneurial and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with communities in Asia
- Interest in philanthropy and civil society development in Asia preferred
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, including Microsoft Office Suite
This is a part-time contract position based in Hong Kong SAR.
Monthly salary: HK$7,800
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter, PDF preferred.
Your application must include a cover letter stating why you are interested in working for Give2Asia.