Give2Asia is a US public charity that promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia. Our mission is to strengthen communities in Asia by making overseas giving easier and more effective. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than $350 million of charitable grants across 23 countries. We are based in Oakland, California with offices in Beijing and in-country experts across the Asia-Pacific region.
We are looking for an Office Administrator to support the operational success of the office.
About the Position
The Office Administrator is someone who is extremely organized and is able to prioritize and handle a large number of requests. The Office administrator plays a critical role in supporting all the staff as well as interacting with Give2Asia’s donors, partners, and the general public.
The Office Administrator must demonstrate strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Asia. Previous work or volunteer experience with non-profit is a big plus.
- Greet visitors and answer general inquiries via phone and e-mail and direct them to the appropriate department.
- Process gifts and donations via Salesforce, and use Conga Mail Merge to create and send donor tax receipts and acknowledgment letters.
- Support HR processes around annual reviews, new hire and intern onboarding, and employee departure to ensure all required steps are completed on time.
- Manage posting of open positions and internships for all departments and conduct initial screening of candidates as needed.
- Upkeep data on Salesforce and Box database as required.
- Schedule and organize office events and activities, including staff meetings, birthdays, and holidays.
- Serve as the point person for office mail, mailing, shipping, purchasing office supplies, ordering business cards.
- Support daily activities of staff, including maintaining files, contact lists and databases, providing logistical support and preparing materials for meetings, drafting donor communications, conducting research on individual and organizational prospects, and performing other general administrative duties as needed.
- Assist in updating Give2Asia’s website, social media content, and marketing material.
- Prepare for quarterly board meetings: assemble board book and grants docket.
- Participate in the development of overall objectives and long-term goals of the organization; identify and recommend productivity improvement opportunities.
- Attend conferences, webinars, and engage in other learning activities in an effort to continually improve individual skills and Give2Asia’s programs and operations.
- Stay abreast of all G2A programs, partners, and events.
Benefits & Culture
This is a full-time entry-level position based in Oakland, CA. We are currently working from home due to the pandemic. The office administrator may be required to go in to the office (located near 19th Street BART) for specific admin tasks.
Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Previous experience in office administration, data entry, or customer service is a plus. This could be a great position for someone re-entering the workforce or looking to gain experience in the philanthropy sector.
Salary range: $36,000–$40,000 annual
Give2Asia offers generous benefits for full-time, US-based employees, including:
- 403(b) retirement account with automatic employer contribution (10% of salary, vests after 1 year)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage with your choice of Kaiser or PPO
How to Apply
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. Must include cover letter stating why you are interested in working for Give2Asia.
Apply for this position