Director, Business Development
We are Give2Asia, recognized as a leading provider of philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform to support and partner with local, charitable groups in 23 Asian countries.
Give2Asia is seeking a talented business development professional to lead our efforts partnering with families and individual donors and to support our outreach to corporate donors. This person will join our international team headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, helping them to engage in Give2Asia’s services to further their philanthropic and social investment goals.
About the Position
The Director of Business Development will engage with existing and emerging donor communities that have interests in funding charitable programs in one or multiple Asian countries. This person will be supported by the efforts of Give2Asia’s marketing and donor stewardship teams. This person will work report to the CEO and in partnership with the rest of the staff and board. In particular, this person will:
- Lead outreach to U.S.-based family donors with connections and philanthropic interests in China, India, and other countries. This will include building relationships with wealth managers and other advisors to philanthropists, creating connections with community foundations and commercial donor advised funds, and networking at events and through other means in places where prospecting opportunities are high.
- Support outreach to corporate donors with employees, markets, and CSR programs in Asia. This will include building relationships with contacts at prospective corporations and foundations and networking at events that focus on corporate CSR and philanthropy.
The successful candidate will be able to build new relationships and tap new and existing partnership networks for Give2Asia while continuing to meet donor expectations of trust and excellence.
The Director of Business Development will lead outreach to families and individuals, leveraging existing and create new partnerships with wealth managers, community foundations, commercial DAFs and other nonprofit groups. In addition, the Director of Business Development will support outreach to corporate donors led by the President & CEO.
MEETING GROWTH GOALS
Supporting the three-year growth goals established for the organization starting with 2020, and steadily growing the size and diversity of private donors being served by Give2Asia.
MANAGING PROSPECT RELATIONSHIPS
The Director of Business Development will work with the President & CEO and Stewardship team to manage a Business Development pipeline through from initial prospect identification through to transitioning new clients to the Stewardship team for ongoing management.
This person will be an active contributor and generator of new ideas for Give2Asia’s annual business development planning. This will include generating new ideas to better serve donors, including new services, new ways of reaching of prospects, and improvements both to business development processes and stewardship processes.
The Director of Business Development will view Business Development and Marketing as highly integrated activities within Give2Asia. Working with the Director of Marketing, this person will plan campaigns and pursue goals by coordinating activities with marketing efforts to achieve better results.
The Director of Business Development will represent Give2Asia, lead meetings, and make presentations at philanthropic, industry and client events.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, with significant business development and sales experience in the nonprofit, social investment, and/or financial sectors.
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, services and impact of Give2Asia, and able to engage others to join as partners and clients of Give2Asia; an abiding interest in building a platform for effective philanthropy in Asia;
- Proven sales and/or business development experience including plan development, sales and fundraising experience; personal and successful experience interacting with donors/clients, boards, and internal teams;
- Knowledge of and personal experience with philanthropic and nonprofit organizations working in the USA and Asia;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse cultural settings;
- Prior experience as a manager in a client service role; a career trajectory that includes nonprofit, wealth management and/or consulting practice management or related experience;
- Outstanding communications skills; a history of communicating effectively and persuasively in both large and small groups; excellent writing and public speaking skills for both formal and extemporaneous presentations;
- Demonstrated success expanding sales and/or client engagements in past roles, including engagements with corporate and individual clients;
- Ability to effectively direct marketing activities to support business development.
Benefits & Culture
This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA. Salary range: $90,000–$115,000
Note: we are currently working from home full-time to keep staff safe during the pandemic.
Give2Asia offers generous benefits for full-time, US-based employees, including:
- 403(b) retirement account with automatic employer contribution (10% of salary, vests after 1 year)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage with your choice of Kaiser or PPO
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Transit-friendly location by 19th Street BART
How to Apply
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter.
Apply for this position