Country Advisor: Vietnam
The Country Advisor will work with members of the programs team on their program development and grantmaking goals.
The Programs Department at Give2Asia is responsible for managing donor relationships and accounts, conducting efficient and effective grantmaking to organizations in Asia, developing new programs in collaboration with donors and grantees, and generating program-related informational and educational communication.
- Facilitating the due diligence process for new and prospective grantees as well as existing grantees needing renewals, review due diligence documents that are submitted, and advise Give2Asia as to whether the organization should be considered for Give2Asia grants.
- Assisting with the review of new proposals and budgets, including: ensuring timely receipt of proposals and budgets from grantees; reviewing documents to ensure they are complete and in compliance with Give2Asia standards; and communicating with the grantee to verify or clarify information.
- Facilitating grants administration for all grants in Vietnam.
- Assisting with grant monitoring and reporting, including: conducting mid-point telephone check-ins with grantees; grantee site visits, when necessary; advising Give2Asia on the performance of the grantee; ensuring timely receipt of reports from grantees; reviewing all grantee reports to ensure they are complete and in compliance with Give2Asia standards; forwarding reports to San Francisco staff; and communicating with grantee to clarify information in reports, when necessary.
- Translating grantee documents when needed.
- Assisting with other activities related to liaising with grantees or providing high quality stewardship to donors, as requested.
- Researching and identifying new projects and partners, and conducting needs assessments or other special research, as requested.
- Assisting donors and Asia-based representatives of donors on-site in Vietnam, as requested.
- Supporting Give2Asia’s Fiscal Sponsorship program by expanding the partner network, including developing a robust pipeline of potential partners.
- Raising Give2Asia’s visibility and expanding Give2Asia’s local network in Vietnam.
- Respond to other requests for assistance from Give2Asia staff in the San Francisco Bay Area, USA.
The Country Advisor must be fluent in Vietnamese; demonstrate strong communication, organizational, and research skills; and is committed to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Asia.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter.