Business Development Manager, Hong Kong
Give2Asia is a US public charity that promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia. Our mission is to strengthen communities in Asia by making overseas giving easier and more effective. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than $350 million of charitable grants across 23 countries. We are based in Oakland, California with offices in Beijing and in-country experts across the Asia-Pacific region.
Give2Asia Foundation Limited is a tax-exempt organization in Hong Kong SAR under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Hong Kong IR File Number 91/11865).
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Business Development Manager is responsible for supporting donor stewardship activities, with an emphasis on Give2Asia’s Hong Kong SAR donors. Primary responsibilities include providing wide-ranging assistance to the Chief Representative of Hong Kong SAR, who manages relationships with Give2Asia’s donors and serves as a center of knowledge around Give2Asia’s best practices in stewardship.
The Business Development Manager must demonstrate attention to details, strong communication skills, and a strong ability to organize data and conduct research; as well as a commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Hong Kong SAR as well as throughout Asia.
Reporting to the Chief Representative of Give2Asia Foundation Limited, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Communicate to a high standard with internal and external stakeholders and provide high quality engagement and customer services to partners, donors, and events participants.
- Explore opportunities through building new corporate partnerships, nurture new donors and boost the number of participations to fundraising campaigns.
- Research and identify potential fundraising opportunities to fulfil the organisational objective.
- Prepare funding proposals for potential institution sponsorship or new initiatives and provide periodic progress reports to funders as required.
- Evaluate, engage, and work with partners and grantees to ensure acquisition of high quality of services, in compliance with Give2Asia’s internal policies.
- Support the team, maintain a strong positive attitude towards G2A’s goals.
- Travel within Greater Bay Area cities to identify development opportunities.
- Degree holder (or degree level) preferably in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience at managerial level.
- Some experience with NGOs or educational institutions, and in the areas of membership programs, fundraising, and reporting on grants would be an advantage.
- Good communicator, presenter plus project planning, budgeting and management skills.
- Self-motivated with entrepreneurial mindset.
- Language skills in English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese), verbal and written.
- Proficiency in computer, website, digital and social media applications.
- Ability to network, build relations and develop loyalty among corporate partners and individual donors.
HOW TO APPLY
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. Must include cover letter stating why you are interested in working for Give2Asia.Apply Here