Nonprofit Business Development Internship
Give2Asia is an international nonprofit organization based in Oakland, CA. Our mission is to increase philanthropy across borders by making it easier for donors to support local charities overseas. Since 2001, we have delivered more than $350 million to causes in 23 countries.
About the Position
Give2Asia is seeking interns to work with our Stewardship team in support of our business development plan. This is an ideal role for someone who is interested in philanthropy, how decision-making processes work with regard to funding NGOs, grant management, and impact measurement.
- Helping to prepare new proposals, custom programs, and donor reports on a variety of issues from livelihoods, health, education, disaster preparation, community development, and more.
- Assisting with materials for donor correspondence and updates.
- Conducting program research, which could include anything from recycling practices in Vietnam to education in certain Chinese provinces.
- Blogging about interesting reports and events
- Researching and writing informational and educational materials.
- Reviewing and formatting reports
- Entering new organizations and grants in Salesforce
- Other administrative tasks as needed
The ideal candidate has, or is working towards, a bachelor’s or master’s degree; interest in International Philanthropy, Asian Affairs or Nonprofit Organizations; strong research, writing, and editing skills; computer and internet proficiency; excellent interpersonal skills; and a desire to learn. A sense of humor doesn’t hurt, either.
Candidates must be available for a minimum of 15 hours per week for at least 3 months. We are currently working from home due to the pandemic.
Target start date: March 15, 2021. This is a volunteer position with a small stipend available for meals.
The chosen candidate will be exposed to a wide variety of individual donors as well as corporations and their philanthropic processes, and the intern will have the opportunity to build skillsets that can make you a competitive candidate for future employment in the non-profit world.
Give2Asia prides itself on fostering the professional development of each intern that we take on, and we recognize that an internship is supposed to provide value to the intern as well as the organization. We are a friendly and supportive team with diverse ages and backgrounds.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, click the following link and complete the application form. To be considered, please attach in PDF format:
- Your resume
- A writing sample