Business Development Associate, Hong Kong SAR
Give2Asia is a US public charity that promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia. Our mission is to strengthen communities in Asia by making overseas giving easier and more effective. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than $350 million of charitable grants across 23 countries. We are based in Oakland, California with offices in Beijing and in-country experts across the Asia-Pacific region.
Give2Asia Foundation Limited is a tax-exempt organization in Hong Kong SAR under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Hong Kong IR File Number 91/11865).
Summary of Job Accountabilities
The Business Development Associate is responsible for supporting donor stewardship activities, with an emphasis on Give2Asia’s Hong Kong SAR donors. Primary responsibilities include providing wide-ranging assistance to Chief Representative Hong Kong SAR who manage relationships with Give2Asia’s donors and serving as a center of knowledge around Give2Asia’s best practices in stewardship.
The Business Development Associate must demonstrate attention to details, strong communication skills, and a strong ability to organize data and conduct research; as well as a commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Hong Kong SAR as well as throughout Asia.
The Business Development Associate will support the stewardship of corporate and major family donors, under the oversight of the Chief Representative Hong Kong SAR who manages the relationships with those particular donors. The Business Development Associate will be responsible for the following:
Stewardship of major clients
- Ensure that grants are made and reported on accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner
- Maintain grant making data on Salesforce and Box database. Enter grant information into Salesforce database at the proposal and reporting stage; ensure information is kept up to date; keep manager updated on progress and issues that arise
- Review grant proposals and reports and seek clarification from the field, as needed
- Maintain communication with country advisors and grantees across Asia
- Design and produce high-level, as well as, detailed stewardship material, grant making analyses, portfolio reports, and other documents adapted to the unique needs of each client
- Help manager respond to special requests from donors, as needed
- Write and edit proposals from nonprofit organizations in Asia, donor reports, case studies and other grant-related documents
- Keep manager informed of current events and developments related to and of interest to Give2Asia’s major clients
- Conduct research on potential new donors, partners, grantees and/or fields of interest
- Provide other research or content on current clients and grantees as requested by Business Development and Marketing staff
- Optimize database use for client stewardship; other database management and data entry, as requested
- Orient and train interns
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
- Additional tasks, as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years’ relevant work experience in the nonprofit sector is a plus, preferably in business development and sales
- Excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Attentive to details and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
- Proven track record with organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and be flexible
- Entrepreneurial and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with communities in Asia
- Interest in philanthropy and civil society development in Asia preferred
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, including Microsoft Office Suite
This is a full-time position based in Hong Kong SAR.
Monthly salary range: HKD$20,000-HKD$30,000 depending on experience
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter, PDF preferred.
Your application must include a cover letter stating why you are interested in working for Give2Asia.
Apply for this position