Account Manager, Corporate Giving
Give2Asia is a US public charity that promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia. Give2Asia’s mission is the make international philanthropy easier and more effective. Give2Asia’s team of grantmaking experts and in-country advisors enable donors to make a difference where it matters most.
About the Position
We are seeking a candidate who is self-motivated, solution-oriented, and who knows how to meet ambitious goals while keeping our donors and partners satisfied and engaged in the work we do. If you have a flair for client relationships, are familiar with international corporate philanthropy, and are passionate about supporting in-country nonprofits serving communities across Asia, we’d like to meet you!
Managed by the Director of Corporate Giving, the Account Manager will be responsible for developing strong relationships with our corporate donors, connecting with key stakeholders within those corporations, and helping to manage project that we fund and oversee from start to finish. The Account Manager serves as an interface between donors and Asia-based project partners, and identifies new business opportunities and ways to better serve existing customers. In this role, you will liaise between corporate donors, grant recipients, and cross-functional internal teams (including Give2Asia’s country advisors in Asia finance and operations team) to ensure timely and successful completion of projects as advised upon by corporate donors.
This position may require occasional travel within the US and to Asia.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to corporate accounts
- Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with key corporate philanthropy accounts and customer stakeholders through proactive contact and provision of value-added services, information, and advice that meets and exceeds donor expectations
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal stakeholders.
- Help customers through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in-person meetings
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of Give2Asia services according to client needs and objectives
- Forecast and track key account metrics, produce both high-level and detailed grant making analyses and forecasts, adapted to the unique needs of each corporate client
- Ensure that all grants, regardless of type, have the required due diligence, grant agreement, project description and budget, interim report, final report, and donor reporting
- Ensuring that grants move efficiently and accurately through the grant making process with timely communication to clients, Country Advisors, and recipient nonprofit organizations
- Provide insight and enrich organizational knowledge by noting trends and insights into corporate philanthropy in Asia
- Continuously analyze existing fund/grant databases and make recommendation for enhancements
- Recommend and resolve problems, determine system improvements, and initiate and implement corrective actions when necessary
- Maintain knowledge on corporate philanthropy in Asia by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
Additional special projects may include:
- Enhance department and organization processes by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Manage and provide leadership to Account Associate
- Natural relationship-builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs, and communicating to all levels of the client’s organization, including senior-level positions
- Demonstrated ability to condense information and launch decisive actions when provided with broad or shifting parameters
- Work experience in international nonprofit grantmaking
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in an independent work environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study and relevant work experience
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, Box, and Salesforce
Benefits & Culture
This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA or New York, New York.
Note: we are currently working from home full-time to keep staff safe during the pandemic.
Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000
Give2Asia offers generous benefits for full-time, US-based employees, including:
- 403(b) retirement account with automatic employer contribution (10% of salary, vests after 1 year)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage with your choice of Kaiser or PPO
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Transit-friendly location by 19th Street BART
Lots of companies talk about work-life balance. We live it!
- Work from home 2 days/week (pending manager approval)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation + holidays
- Flexible work hours to accommodate family and personal obligations
How to Apply
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter.Apply for this position